In this Dynamik Website Builder tutorial video we will…
- Make five widget areas
- Place these widget areas in a grid layout, using Genesis Column Classes
- Place this grid layout in a web page using shortcodes
The steps we go through in the video
- Make “Widget Areas 1, 2=(50%) | 3=(full width) | 4, 5=(50%)”
- Add Calendar to “Widget Area 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5”
- Add classes one-half first etc.
- Single rows need first class!
- Go to PHP Builder → Create all 5 Shortcodes → Copy
- Paste Shortcodes into page
- Make page full width using Genesis Layout Settings
- Paste short paragraph of text before widget areas
This is not a page template. But, it is a simple way to add widget areas to a web page. And to layout those widget areas in a grid.
In future videos we’ll reuse this widget area grid layout.
We’ll put it inside a self-contained web page template and inside a hookbox.