Making a really simple: Shortcode widget area
If you want to build web page templates using Dynamik Website Builder or Genesis Extender, you need to know how to make widget areas.
Luckily, this is easy.
In this video I’m going to show you how to make the simplest type of widget area.
It’s a widget area set as a shortcode.
After we make the widget area we just paste the shortcode into any web page and the widget will be displayed in that position.
- Make “Widget Area 1”
- Add Calendar to “Widget Area 1”
- Go to PHP Builder → Create Shortcode → Copy
- Paste Shortcode into page
Many of your web page templates will contain widget areas. And, as you can see, it really is easy to make them.
In future videos we will…
- Add groups of widget areas
- Arrange the widget areas in a grid using Genesis Column Classes
- Put widget areas in a hookbox
- And, put widget areas in a self contained web page template
I hope you’ll join me soon for the next video.