This video is part of a series of videos about making a page template using Dynamik Website Builder.
In this video we add a page title to the page template that we’ve made in the previous three videos.
To make our template we removed the loop and replaced it with widget areas. But the page title is inside the loop, so our web page template no longer has a title.
We need to add this code to our page template…
To add a title to your page template, just copy and paste the code above.
The information below explains how we found that code (you don’t need to do this, just copy and paste the code above)…
- View your site using Firefox or Chrome browser
- Right click on a page headline
- Copy the highlighted HTML and paste it into a plain text editor such as notepad
- Search Google for “WordPress Codex Function Reference/get the title”
- Scroll down the web page and find “Usage” then copy and paste the code inside the h1 HTML code you used in the previous steps.
You’ve now found the HTML that styles your page headline and the PHP that automatically inserts the page title into your web page.
Now You’ve got the code needed, you can paste that code immediately above the first line of short code text in your page template.
Click the image to see where your code should be pasted.
In this video we found the CSS and PHP code needed to automatically add the page title to our page template. Then we pasted the code inside our template so it displayed just above the page content.